Digital nomad is a person who works online while traveling the world. Most people see a digital nomad as someone who works on their laptop in some nice place to live.
Becoming a digital nomad is all about creating the perfect work-life balance. The part of life is adding more adventure, fun, excitement and satisfaction to your days. Digital nomads can do this by exploring new countries, experiencing new cultures, and meeting unique people from around the world.
In November 2022, the Spanish parliament approved the special digital nomad visa and fiscal regime for startups via a new law to come into effect in January 2023. The proposed legislation aims to open Spain up to new talent in all walks of the economy.
The business community in Spain and abroad has welcomed the news, which has been particularly well-received among remote workers. Under the new law, these so-called digital nomads would find it much easier to live and work in Spain.
With some of the best internet speeds in the EU, a low cost of living and plenty of warm weather, Spain is already a popular destination for remote workers.
How to be a digital nomad?
1. Work as a freelance, selling your knowledge and services to other companies remotely.
2. Create your own company, developing a project that is feasible to develop from anywhere in the world.
3. Work for someone else in a company that allows remote working.
What can you expect?
The main advantages of this new visa for remote workers are the following:
• Allows you to live up to 3 years in Spain.
• Does not present risk of rejection.
• It will allow the return of companies and citizens of the United Kingdom.
• Allows numerous tax benefits to companies.
Mistakes to avoid
The biggest mistake you can make is not being prepared for a nomadic life:
- Before you quit your 9 to 5 job and pack your bags, you need to make sure you can do this. In your dreams, a nomadic lifestyle is perfect for you. Everything seems to be sunshine and happiness. But all digital nomads eventually face the exhaustion and loneliness of the nomadic lifestyle. It is a different way of life. But it is not the cure for all your problems. You will have some amazing moments, but you will also have some unpleasant moments. It’s all part of the digital nomad package.
- Having some money saved, the ideal will be to have saved at least the cost of basic expenses for emergencies. The cost will vary depending on the country you plan to stay in, Spain is a fantastic country for the cost of living.
- You should do a test before making the decision. Take a week or two vacation from your 9 to 5 routine. During this vacation, you must travel to a new place. However, unlike a normal vacation where you usually just relax, this vacation will require you to work a couple of hours a day.
- Join Social Groups: Digital nomads often experience loneliness. Avoid this by signing up for digital nomad Facebook groups, meetups, and coworking spaces. You can also join local digital nomad groups in your area to learn more about the nomadic lifestyle of digital nomads in your community.
Having a good internet connection is critical for you if you want to work as a digital nomad, don’t risk it here.
Tiekom offers you a multitude of connectivity options for when you are traveling in Spain. These services can be from a SIM of up to 400GB with an exclusive plan to connect to the internet and with roaming, an unlimited 4G/5G router, etc.
Visit our website. where you can find all the information about our company and our services.
Insurances for foreigners
Another of the key elements to take into account if you are going to travel to another country for a while is to have adequate insurance to avoid surprises.
Whether you’re looking to protect the health, your home or your car, Tiekom can help. Choose the insurance that best suits your needs, with the best coverage and special prices for expats.
Main most valued advantages that we provide in our insurance offer for expats:
• Work with a reference company to ensure quality, safety and solvency.
• English-speaking, telephone assistance, speed and efficiency in dealing with incidents and compensating the client.
• Instant quotes
• Online applications
Saving money with green energy
Saving can be very important for you when you are residing in another country and also saving when the planet is essential.
Tiekom is committed to 100% renewable energy, to saving the planet’s resources and offers significant savings in the electricity bill of our customers. We believe that renewable energies are the way to guarantee the future of our planet.
We work every day to make electricity more easily understandable and accessible to all and also more respectful with the environment.
In order to choose the best service provider we advise you to choose those according to your needs, Tiekom is a telecom and services provider focus on the expats living in Spain. Your home will be fully equipped with the best broadband, mobile and other services… All with the best quality and personalized attention in your language.
Do not forget either that Tiekom offers you the best services for your home: Telecommunications (internet and mobile), energy, insurances, Television of your country, security systems…
You can find all the information about our company and our services on the Tiekom website or by email: email@example.com In all cases we will be happy to help you.